Friday, July 17, 2009

Softball and Death (Wills Really)

Hello everyone! I hope you have had a great week and are ready for a "wet and wild" weekend (at least wet for us; we're expecting heavy rains and thunderstorms). This week has been full of both work and play.

Ann Dove spent most of the week in Chapel Hill and Dunn taking care of her parents. She has been driving back and forth from VA to Dunn to Chapel Hill. Keep praying for her safety. I really got a steal when I married this one. I know we all appreciate everything that she does for us and for others.

I have been busy, other than my regular work, working on a volunteer project for a law firm called Williams Mullen out of VA Beach. They offered a program called Wills for Seniors, which is a service that helps underprivileged elderly people have the necessary end of life documents they would otherwise be unable to perform. We worked on their wills, power of attorney, and advanced medical directives (amd). The AMD is basically the authority granted to a person to make any health decisions in the event of incapacity. It's certainly something we all should think about, particularly in light of the recent Terri Schiavo case.

Now to the play part. I had softball this past weekend and Rusty and Eez came up to watch and stay the weekend. It was fun. We lost, but had a good time. We have two games coming up on Saturday at 9 & 10 pm, if it doesn't rain.

That's all for now! It's getting closer to niece time! Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment