This weekend has been incredibly busy, but very productive. Friday we went to Greenville to spend time with my folks for Barbie's birthday. We had a great time cutting up at Sapari's Japanese Steakhouse, especially me dancing on top of the chair.
On Saturday, Ann Dove and I decided to finally fix up my office at the school. Since I am chairman of the trial advocacy board, I get an office on the 4th floor. I wish we had a before picture, but ask the inlaws to tell you about how horrid it looked, specifically the "Jesus" picture on the wall. But we rolled up our sleeves and rearranged, removed, and revamped the office and it is definitely progressing along. Bettie Mac will be so proud. We actually hung stuff on the wall without having to ask her to do it LOL. We aren't done yet, but when we are, we will post a picture of it on here.
Today I sang with the praise team at church and it was great. Not to get too spiritual, but I have found that my singing has gotten a lot better recently, not because I have gotten better, but because for the first time I really am singing to please God rather than "performing." Before, I could feel the nerves a little and it affected how openly and forcefully I sang. Now, I feel free to "cut loose" and go all out because I'm not singing to impress anyone, but rather to please God. Now don't take this to mean that I am so "holy roller" who is the perfect Christian. Far from it. Just like everyone who is a Christian, I am still human and that doesn't change. But I hope that I can continue to grow to be a better one more and more.
Most importantly, please pray for Bettie Mac this week as she will be having some medical work done this week. Ann Dove will be driving down Thursday to meet her so pray for her safety too. I have to say my side of the family is lucky to have them in our lives, especially the one I'm married to. How in the world did I make it 27 years without her around? Though she is not perfect she is perfect for me. It's great to know that I have someone who loves me more than anything or anyone else in the world, and it's great to have someone to love that way too. You all can stop gagging now. But it's true. I only wish everyone could have the kind of relationship we do. Of course we have hard times, but together and with God we are able to face every challenge. I hope everyone has a great week!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are amazing yourself! I think I will keep you. Oh yeah, if you are reading this and you are not Drew, then I need to tell you that he did not just do good Sunday, he did AMAZING!
ReplyDelete--Wifee
Thanks for coming for my birthday!!!!
ReplyDeleteBarbie